Hello, and welcome to yet another exciting blog post from ITTA! Would you be interested in becoming an English teacher and applying for a job that requires you to teach online? If we answer yes! This is the correct location for you. In order to apply for a job teaching online, we will assist you in becoming familiar with all of the prerequisites. The fact that around sixty percent of the applications are rejected even before they reach the interviewer’s table is something that you should be aware of. You need not be concerned, however, if you are prepared to take the plunge; we have you covered. In order to secure your job, you will need the following items, regardless of whether you are from a native nation or the country in which you were born.
In order to apply for the job of teaching English online, what are the requirements?
Before you submit your application for a job, it is essential that you have a thorough understanding of the following crucial aspects.
An Excellent Video for the Introduction
In order to increase your chances of landing a job teaching English online, you should consider creating an engaging introduction video. It need to be between one and two minutes in length at the very least. You should express yourself in this video in the following manner:
- Just who are you?
- Where exactly do you hail from?
- Could you please tell me about your credentials as a teacher?
- So, what are your areas of expertise?
- I was wondering how long you’ve been teaching.
- Up to this point, you have taught pupils of what level, and in which countries have you done so?
- Are you interested in teaching English via the internet?
- To give the impression that you are a professional, speak with self-assurance and fluency in the video.
A curriculum vitae or resume that is of high quality
You have the potential to stand out from the other applicants if you have a CV that is compelling. Each and every institution is constantly seeking someone who is both experienced and competitive. It is possible for a resume to be automatically disqualified if it contains errors. So, even if you are a natural speaker, you should always check your work. Included in your CV might be:
- The most recent picture
- Accumulation of qualifications
- Certificate of teaching experience obtained
- Acknowledgements of accomplishment
- Skills and certifications that are related, etc.
- certificate in TESOL or TEFL courses
In general, a TESOL or TEFL certificate that encompasses a minimum of 120 hours of labour is required by all highly regarded educational institutions. Obtaining a specialisation certificate in teaching English online is something you may do if you want to differentiate yourself from the rest of the crowd. A 240-hour TESOL or TEFL certification package is a great way to differentiate yourself from other candidates, especially if you are just starting out and have no prior experience. By becoming a member of ITTA, you will be able to get your certificate online at no cost.
I am grateful that you came to ITTA. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns.
- Evidence Required for a Work Visa
- Documentation Required for Obtaining a Work Visa in China
- How can I apply for jobs that require teaching English online?
- Requirements Must Be Met in Order to Apply for a Teaching Position
- Questions That Are Most Frequently Asked During an Online Job Interview
- How does one go about applying for a job teaching English in a foreign country?
- Documentation from the Chinese Embassy in Ghana that has been authenticated
- With regard to obtaining a work visa in South Korea, what kinds of documents are necessary?